The time has come again for all of us on a diet to fight back on Pancake Tuesday with a healthy high protein recipe that should ensure our dietary mission is left fully intact. So, to help you get through it here is a quick pancake recipe from the team at Core 150 that’s so simple even us single guys can do it..
1.Set the gas on medium-high heat. There is no need to pre-grease as this recipe includes oil. The key is a HOT pan.
2. Shake with a Core150 Shaker Cup or blend until combined:
- 8 eggs (pastured if you can get them)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I grind my own flour from hard red wheat berries using the Country Living Grain Mill)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp REAL salt
3. By now your pan should be nice and hot. Use a small ladle (mine is 2″ and holds 1 ounce) and spoon three pancakes onto your hot pan.
4. In a couple of minutes you’ll see the surface of your pancake mix start to get bubbly like this:
5. I learned the hard way on this one to realise that it’s time to flip!
6. After they’re ready, I remove to a plate, then get the next three started. You can top these with a half a teaspoon of Maple Syrup and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon. Job Done! Just don’t eat too many.